Thursday, July 4, 2013

Y'know...

I've been staring at this blank page, on and off all day, trying to come up with something uplifting...and I just can't.  Our nations is so very, horribly divided, not between the haves and have nots, but between the productive and the parasites (the worst of which are in government on local, state, and federal levels). 

All of my life, I've been so proud of our nation, and our system of government.  Lee Greenwood nailed it in my opinion--or, at least, that used to be the case.

Now?  Now, we have the government on all levels getting so intrusive and vindictive that I no longer say what's on my mind (not even here).  I no longer trust that the government works under constraints set out more than two hundred years ago by men much smarter than any I've ever met today.  I no longer believe I live in a free country.  Why?

PRISM. 

SWAT. 

NSA, DEA, BATFE, DHS, DFS, and all of the other alphabet soup organizations. 

I will admit: we have it nowhere near as bad as places like Egypt, or Somalia, or Cuba or Venezuela or Argentina...yet. 

I pray to God that it never gets to that level.

But, I haven't been able to write an uplifting post over what America means to me, and what it should be to the world. 

Because the America I grew up believing in?  The one I thought existed?  Yeah.  It died.  I'm not sure how, or when, but it's gone.

What's left?

6 comments:

  1. Political evolution?

    Egypt: A voted in democracy was kicked out of office and the folks who did it want to vote on another democracy?

    I wonder if Obama is 'listening'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, or else he's pouting because the people of Egypt rejected his choice.

      Delete
  2. The recognition of a problem is the biggest step towards the solution.

    This crap has been going on for decades. Back in the late 70's and early 80's, there was a strong push by smaller groups to stop the abuses and push for changing the destruction of the Constitution. They were hammered by government agencies, their rights abused and the media ignored their plight.

    Now, there are actually congress critters investigating this crap, millions involved and the huge undercurrent of discontent is leading to proactive citizens. That's a huge improvement, so you have every reason to be optimistic.

    Meanwhile, on the streets of rural, everyday U.S.A., people are defiantly keeping the values of generations before. The big cities may fall into disrepair, but not the small towns. The're filled with survivors and they control the heart of the nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The voice of everyday U.S.A. is drowned out by the leeches living in the inner cities, who are on the verge of outnumbering the rest of us. They already outnumber the ones who aren't apathetic.

      Delete
    2. You're right, but they can't survive but a few weeks if they're cut off. That's what I eventually see happening. There are finite resources and they'll be first to not receive any.

      Delete
    3. I hope you have enough ammo to stand off a hoarde of human locusts.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.