We've made some significant progress with the flea problem. Very significant. It started with the living room and master bedroom--they've been sprayed and vacuumed on alternating days. Now, we can do the same with the kids' bedrooms, because I spent last week getting them cleared out.
It was really cute--I was working in FlyLady's zone 3 (main bathroom plus one room), and had finished up the laundry room early, since it wasn't too bad. And then, the pixie comes fluttering up to me and says, "Mommy, can you help me FlyLady my room?"
So I spent the rest of Wednesday and part of Thursday on her room, then the rest of Thursday and Friday on the imp's room. I dropped the dishes, cleaning the cat litter box, and the daily laundry load until this morning. And still wound up sick.
I'm a lot better, today. Not all the way, but still better. And I've gotten caught back up on laundry, after Odysseus finished his, and on the cat box, and most of the way with dishes and putting things away that I brought in and dropped after getting groceries on Friday.
I'm about done, but I'm definitely done for the day.
Tomorrow, I'll finish. I'll finish the dishes, and getting the floor(s) picked back up for vacuuming tomorrow night, and the kids have a school fun class summer camp for Monday through Thursday of next week.
I think that, with a little bit more flea spraying and vacuuming on the carpets, we'll have that flea problem licked. We've gone from white socks picking up a dozen or more fleas per foot to getting one or two fleas on both socks. The dog's flea meds have her flea-free, and I think that, if we can get the house infestation licked, the cats' preventatives will actually work.
Wish me luck with that...
1 hour ago