Monday, July 1, 2013

Eloquent.

DaddyBear's lovely wife gives a wonderfully stated, beautiful summation of the anger of middle class Americans faced paying for insuring those who aren't worth the space they take up. 

I have had one single employer who offered health insurance.  One.  Only.  And it was my grad school, for whom I was a teaching assistant.  I have paid out of my own pocket for health insurance since then.  We have catastrophe only coverage, with a $10,000 deductible, on a family of four...and it costs us nearly $300/month right now.  I'm sure that's going to spike, soon.  And then we'll also be paying fines for not having insurance compliant with minimum requirements.

I'm ready to say "fuck it," drop insurance entirely, slap the monthly premiums into savings, pay cash for the doctor, dentist, and optometrist (like we do already), and just flat out pay the fine. 

Because my household income doesn't quite come up to the the cost of the plan that the fed.gov considers minimum allowable without a fine. 

And I'm about ready to start advocating race rioting in the inner cities to cut down on non-taxpaying leeches. 

2 comments:

  1. They had a group of shootings in a local city,in an area that's not known for model citizens.

    A friend's father made the comment: "Their biggest mistake is not giving them more bullets and target practice."

    I think he may be on to something.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.