- I don't need to "Kickstart My Heart," guys. It's my brain that needs it.
- I have never seen anybody spring for the asshole package on a four-door Honda Civic. Until today. Fuckwit tried crawling up my tailpipe (I was doing 30 in a 25, and he clearly wanted me to go faster), then wove around like he wanted to pass me, then didn't signal when he turned into Sam's Club behind me. Yeah. Exactly. You'd expect behavior like that out of someone driving a BMW, not a Honda Civic sedan.
- Our Sam's Club has quit carrying the imp's favorite sausage links. But they had Buffalo Trace, and Laphroig in stock. I...yeah, I got both bottles of my favorite bourbon, and the only bottle of one of my favorite Scotches.
- Ya know, I really could do without the record-setting highs. Our outdoor kitchen is defunct for the next while. And the grill's...kinda scrunched.* Oh well. A couple (or four) days of cooking on just the stove top won't hurt anything.
- The use of Irish diplomacy on our insurance agent, the adjuster, and the adjuster's supervisor has had results. Almost up to the cost of replacement. Depreciation and inflation do nasty things when they play together.
- My sister's bottle kitten she saved last year** is huge, and still growing. I am almost certain he's mostly Turkish Van. If he is, then he'll probably finish growing sometime within the next few months, but put on muscle for another year. He's also a gorgeous kitty, if more than a wee bit nuts. I picked him up on Saturday, and given how much heavier he is than my girl-kitties (11 lbs each), I'd put him between fifteen and eighteen pounds.
*Weber Spirit propane grill. The casters are...yeah. Scrunched, if not outright broken, like the front left one (as you're facing the grill). Considering a PATIO ROOF made of TWO BY SIXES (if not two by eights) LANDED ON IT...I suppose it stood up well. All things considered. Might actually be willing to use it, if the poor thing hadn't got slammed down on its front and dumped the burners and everything when the roof got taken off of it to be taken apart.
**Gus--named after the fat little mouse from Cinderella--was one of two kittens my sister took from a lady that didn't know how to raise days-old kittens after their momma tangled with something fatal. Gus was the only one who survived being fed puppy formula for a couple days.