Friday, October 19, 2012

Why parents can't have nice things part II

I woke with the pixie, a bit before seven this morning.  Was in the middle of nursing her back down (part of the whole adjusting their internal clocks early), when I heard the imp get up and go to the bathroom.  No big deal.  I planned to just put him back to bed, too.

He'd wet through his pull-up and pants.  No wonder.  However, I noticed that he'd been daubing water on the screen of the tablet (a Velocity Cruz Micro T301, which has served us fairly well for what we wanted).  I swatted him, and scolded him, put a new pull-up and a dry pair of pants on him, then put him back to bed.  Then put the pixie back to bed again, and went to go use the bathroom myself.

And discovered that the imp hadn't just daubed water on the tablet screen, but dumped the small bowl of water in the bathroom for the post-spay kitten on it.  I picked it up to finish drying the screen off, and water literally ran out of every opening on the case.

It's currently sitting in a bag of rice, in the hopes that it's salvageable. 

My laptop, on the other hand, started yesterday, but neither the keyboard nor the mouse were working.  If plugging a new keyboard into it allows it to function, I guess I'll have a new desktop, because the wireless card on the netbook is still slowly dying, and I hadn't budgeted a new computer until the year after next. 

We'll be doing without a tablet, too, if the rice trick doesn't work.

Little...angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.