Monday, October 1, 2012

I miss my on-campus classes.

Nothing causes a better high than seeing the light bulb moment--that moment when a student understands something for the first time, and their face lights up with sudden understanding (and often chagrin, when they realize how easy the concept I was trying to teach actually was, and how much harder they were trying to make it on themselves). 

It's something that's entirely missing from teaching online.  I get it a little bit with the kids, but there's still a major communication barrier, and it's really muffled. 

There is a great joy in staying home with my kids, but that joy has not come without sacrificing the classroom, which was the part of teaching I loved the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.