Sunday, October 14, 2012

I dread the recalibration of sleep schedules when DST ends.

I'm going to start trying to push the kids' bedtimes back now.  The imp goes to bed around 8-8:30.  The pixie?  No later than 7:30, and that's pushing it to the realm of grouchy and too tired to go to sleep. 

They've been trying to get up at around 6:00, lately. 

That's going to suck, and suck hard, when we fall back an hour for standard time.  Because I haven't been able to get them to go back to bed for more than ten minutes for a full week.  And that means I get to bed between 10:30 and midnight, but have been getting up at 6:00, and putting the kids back in bed every ten minutes until 7:00.  Because I will not let them get up earlier. 

So, tonight, I'm going to push the pixie's bedtime back to a quarter after seven, and the imp's back to a quarter 'til nine. 

We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, crap. When does that happen?

    It always messes me up for about a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Sunday of November. Which is why I'm going to start moving bedtimes (and, hopefully, wake-up times) back bit by bit now.

      Delete
  2. I guess I never thought of that issue. I rejoice at the end of DST, because it means I'm no longer having to drive to work in the dark. (Yes, it means a number of days I drive HOME in the dark, but that is different. And I go to work and home in the dark at least one day out of the week ALREADY).

    I know there's no easy fix to it (and I would HATE year-round DST) but I can see how the time changes would be tough on parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care if it's year-round DST or Standard Time. I just wish it didn't keep changing on the kids.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.