Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Goodies." Lord bless 'em.

I've been boxing up clutter to decide what to do with it for a couple of weeks, now.  And I've taken four diaper boxes (BIG boxes--200 size 4 diapers per box) full of stuff over for them to sort through and take what they wanted, three boxes of clothes, and one of kitchen stuff. 

I'd forgotten the kitchen stuff, the other night.  I took it over last night, and the wife squeals, "Oh, look, honey, she's bringing us more goodies!"  And both of their little girls (almost three, and almost five years old) came running over and flung their arms around me, screeching "I love you!"

I couldn't stay long--I needed to get back over and feed my kids--but I talked to her a little more when I walked the puppy.  She said that her husband had commented that we're doing more to help them, less grudgingly and with fewer strings, than their own families are doing.

That's really sad, because all I'm doing is clearing clutter, and giving diapers and wipes, toilet paper and paper towels, a disposable foil casserole pan and a partial roll of aluminum foil.

What they really need is someone to help them pay the deposits on getting their electricity, gas, and water turned on, and maybe some very basic phone service, because literally all they have is the roof over their heads.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I'm pretty sure enough people read this blog that would be willing to chip in a bit to help them. I'd definitely be in for twenty bucks if I could figure out a way to get the money to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of too late--the creep that put 'em over a barrel on the house decided to change his mind about letting them stay there until they could start paying rent, despite them doing a lot of work on the place. Verbally assured them that they could stay there night before last, and there was an eviction notice in the mail today.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.