Thursday, October 18, 2012

...and this is why parents can't have nice things...

I had poured myself a cup of coffee after the coffeemaker politely let me know the cycle was done.  The imp and the pixie were both still sleeping, so I used my favorite mug.

...and the pixie woke up.  And insinuated herself between my computer cord (which was not on the floor, but hanging in a loop between my knee where it had slipped off the arm of my chair, and the end table, where the puppy couldn't reach it to chew on it) and the end table, somewhere she knows she's not supposed to be reaching for something she knows she wasn't supposed to have.  I told her to stop, and to get away from the table.  She did, but in the process, managed to hook her foot in the cord and yank my two-thirds full coffee cup over onto me and my nice, big work laptop.

...which now seems to have died.

I guess I'm going to be using my netbook (which the big laptop replaced) until and unless the laptop can be fixed.  And I, apparently, need to stick to using nothing but travel mugs, no matter whether the kids are asleep or not, for all hot beverages.  And no matter whether or not I'd prefer to use a different mug.

No comments: