Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back to a low-fat diet, I guess...

I realized something last night.  A lot of my recent bouts of being under the weather have had symptoms in common with food poisoning, but neither of the kids nor Odysseus have had anything like what I've had. 

However, my issues with my gallbladder, something miraculously fixed by the imp (as in: before I had him, I could eat pizza once in a while if I was careful all of the rest of the time, but couldn't eat peanut butter at all), had many of the same symptoms.  I'd forgotten that, until last night. 

So, I'm going to have to cut back, like a lot, on things like lasagna, enchilada casserole, cheese on my chili and fajitas...you know, all the things that taste good. 

Bummer.  At least I know how to cook to make it taste good.  I'll have to experiment with new recipes since I've started using some new ingredients.  If I come up with anything really good, I'll post it.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. You have my sympathy. I had gallbladder issues years back (like, in puberty), but things seem to have mostly settled down. (My doctor once warned me that if they continued, I'd have to have it out).

    I'm not sure why I stopped having problems but I'm grateful I did. (I still watch how much fat I eat. I've learned that fried food is not my friend. Fortunately, cheese still seems to work OK for me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was breastfeeding, I literally would be starving within half an hour of eating if there wasn't enough fat in what I ate. Now that the pixie is mostly weaned...that's changing, I guess.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.