Friday, December 28, 2012

Working...

I've got housework to do in the morning; right now the dishwasher is running, and is set to dry the dishes in it, so that I can unload what's there, and reload it tonight.  I'll run it in the morning.

I've also been working on my writing.  I've given up on something I'd started during college, for the time being, and started work on the next Modern Gods novel.  For those of you who read The Godshead...this  one is going to be told by Hades.  Sound fun? 

Other than that, it's been a pretty constant round of activity, with just a day or two off, here and there, all week.  Monday, we went to my in-laws' house for the family celebration there.  Tuesday, we had our small gift exchange.  Wednesday, we had the pixie's doctor's appointment (she's now 33 inches tall, and 26 pounds--six months ago, she was 29 inches, and 23 pounds), and then the imp's meltdown tantrums.  Funny how that second one stopped so quickly, after the punishment the first one earned...  Anyway.  Yesterday, we went to my family's house for my family's celebration...and that's enough of that.  My mom got the pixie a tea set, and for a two year old that's only seen a tea party one time on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, she instantly knew what to do with it.  Tomorrow, we'll see a set of friends that came by before I had the last batch of cookies made.  I'll be making chili and they'll be staying for dinner.

I haven't had time to sit down much, and when I have...well, I've just kind of stared at the ceiling in an exhausted daze. 

God, it's going to be good to get the kids back to their normal routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.