Monday, December 31, 2012

I resolve...

...to try to go to bed half an hour earlier, so that it's not quite so painful getting up with the kids at 7:30.

...to get the things done around the house we really need done (i.e., the deck torn down and replaced with a set of steps and a small patio; the bathtub in the hall bathroom repaired or torn out and replaced; the lower cabinets shifted and the dishwasher plumbed in, if possible, or replaced, if not). 

...to get overwhelmed, quit working at the gigantic job making me depressed (whatever it is) and fall behind less often.  Baby steps, HH.  Baby steps.

I won't resolve to be a better person, because I know myself well enough to know that I'm not capable of it.  Not even in the fake-it-till-you-make-it way of trying (I tried before.  I've failed.).  I simply do not like my fellow man well enough.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan Ms. H - from a good woman. Happy New Year! You're doin' great!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill, and I'm glad you have such a kind view of me. Happy New Year to you, too.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.