Sunday, December 9, 2012

Goals for the week...

I've started posting out my writing goals over at the other blog (I'll be posting those on Sundays through the month I'm off teaching), but it occurred to me that, while I don't post much about writing over here, I could, and perhaps should post about other goals.  I'll probably add a "goals met" part to my Saturday random ramblings posts.

So, here goes:

1. Get the kitchen cleaned up.  I've really slacked during the heaviest part of getting the semester's grading done, and I can't see the top of the table.

2. Get laundry caught up.  I got it almost done last week, but ran out of time before revisions started coming in.  I've got maybe three more loads--I got eight done last week.  Last part of that is get the clean stuff put away (I've got the kids' clean clothes put up, but not mine or Odysseus's). 

3. Start making cookies.  Lots of cookies.  I'm going to hand them out as Christmas presents to friends. 

4. Finish knitting the vest I started.  A couple of months ago, I saw a vest at Wal-Mart that I liked the design of, but hated the color (honest-to-God shit brown--kind of brown with a green tinge), the stitch (a honeycomb cable--which would catch crumbs, little fingers, and kitty and dog claws), and couldn't find one to fit me anyway (smallest size was a 2X--and I'm a medium, mostly because of the tits). 

So, what kind of goals does anyone else tend to set for themselves?  Or do you set goals for yourselves?  

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.