Monday, June 25, 2012

Restless, uncomfortable night...

I wrote two stories yesterday, one centering from the point of view of a wife that had been isolated and abused by her husband for at least three or four hundred years.  The other was from the point of view of a therapist she can contact only by phone, and only because she's the goddess of all marriage (including unhappy), centered, again, on the abused character. 

It messed with my sleep something awful. As bad as it was all night, it was at its worst between about 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.  I couldn't get back to sleep well enough to not start awake every few minutes.  I finally gave up and got up, and found myself wide awake.

In any case, at least I'm not begrudging the kids having woke me up this morning. 

So now, the book's sitting at a bit over 62,000 words, and I've got another ten or so individual stories to go.  Most of them are going to be fun to write, but some of them are going to be emotionally difficult in another way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.