Friday, February 15, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen...it's been a hell of a week.

It's not over yet, either. 

On the good side, I have a functional, non-broken bathtub.  The one torn out had cracks in the bottom, and a slow leak that had rotted the floor out directly beneath it (as in: the plumber put his hand down on it, and nearly went through without having put much weight on that hand).  The faucet was split down the bottom of it, and I had visions of the pixie poking it one time too many, and it shooting the length of the bathtub (hitting the imp on the way). 

No more.  We have a very nice Aquaglass tub and Delta faucet.  I'm happy, the kids are happy, and Odysseus is happy. It's no longer a detractor from resale value. 

We still need to put down some trim--there's about three quarters of an inch between the edge of the linoleum and the bottom edge of the bathtub, where the two-by-four frame is exposed (and with small children splashing in their bath, that's a recipe for wet boards and rot)--and caulk the seams of the shower surround, but that's that on the bathroom, for now.

However.  I can't clean up the dust because we're waiting on a new hose for the vacuum.  I can't do the laundry (and the kids are running out of clean clothes) because the washer's pump is clogged--and I'm waiting on a call-back about that from the appliance repair guy.  Sometime Monday, I'm expecting a call from an independent contractor with Lowes to come out and measure my kitchen for new cabinets and counter tops.  I have no idea how much that will or won't disrupt life...or when.  Or if I'll have my vacuum up and running by then.   

I think the worst thing about all of this is the routine disruption for the kids.  They're insecure, whiny, clingy, not sleeping well, and kind of acting out a little.  I don't blame them, but I just wish they'd stop. 

I guess all of this is to explain why the posting's been a bit on the thin side this week.  I've been too busy, too frazzled, and too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.