Thursday, April 12, 2012

Four more weeks...

Actually, it's closer to three and a half, but spring semester is almost over, and I'm not teaching summer classes.  I have two papers and eleven blog posts yet to grade for Comp I, and one paper and seven posts for Comp II.  Then I have about three months off before fall semester starts the next academic year.* 

Though, on a highly gratifying note, I've hooked something like a quarter of my students on blogging/reading blogs this semester.  A few of them are even making forays into the world of reading and following blogs related to interests in their personal lives, and are discussing revamping their class blogs as personal blogs for fun.  I've had one or two each semester keep writing their blogs, but not one has added a blog roll of blogs they regularly visit and read...until this semester.

My plans for the summer are to revise my Comp I textbook, finish first drafts of my current writing projects, and send those off to publishers.  Oh, and finishing getting the house cleaned, organized, and repaired/renovated. 

I also plan to spend a lot of time playing with the kids, and simply relaxing.  I've been teaching year round for the past three years, and am seriously courting burn out. 


*For those of you who left school and didn't look back, the 2012 academic year consisted of Fall 2011, Fall intersession (two weeks between the end of Fall semester and the start of Spring), Spring 2012, and Summer 2012.  Fall 2012 begins AY 2013.

2 comments:

  1. It's three and a half weeks until finals for me. These are just my second round here at the big ol' school of learnin. I can't imagine being a teacher through all this nonsense haha
    Good luck, these three weeks are going to flyyyy by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes, they will. They'll fly too fast, then I'm going to have to figure and enter grades.

      Believe it or not, they'll fly even faster for you.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.