Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random ramblings

It's yet another early morning.  Up at 7:30, feed the kids, walk the dog (who refuses to take her shit because it's raining--I nearly tossed her in her pen in the back yard), put the dog back in her kennel (because she does shit in the kitchen floor when she's supposed to be eating), and get sat down with a half a cup of coffee (all that was left, and I'm not yet awake enough to make another pot) about 8:00.

After I get my coffee drank, I need to put the clean dishes up, the small number of dirty dishes into the dishwasher, get the coffee pot cleaned up (grinder basket, permanent filter basket, and the little piece of plastic that sits over the grounds) so I can build another pot.  I'm going to need it.  My headache isn't quite gone, and I've got papers to grade. 

The imp hasn't had a wet-pants incident for a month and a half, now.  He gets to pick out a new Hotwheels car on Monday as a reward.  Two more weeks and he can have another new set of Thomas Take-n-Play rails. 

I am so proud of him.

The pixie is starting to figure out how to relax and let herself go in her potty chair.  I've tried to get her into the bathroom quick enough to get her to do her number twos in the seat, but I haven't accomplished that, yet. 

She's sitting on a step stool pulled up to the coffee table eating her breakfast.  Still.  She takes for-freakin'-ever to eat two mini pancakes and a single sausage link.  The imp is still working on his requested three links, too. 

The cats got their first dose of topical flea treatment, yesterday.  That was not fun--for them.  I held them and Odysseus worked to first, find their skin, and second, get all of the medicine on their skin.  For short haired kitties, they're very plush. 

The pup is going to get fixed the middle of next month.  She'll also finish out her shots, get chipped, and get a flea treatment. 

I need to find one of my crochet hooks.  I've finished knitting an easy, lace pattern triangle shawl, and I need to finish it off with a bunch of chain-stitch loops.  (If any of you guys that read this are in deep shit, or will be getting in deep shit, and need a pretty gift for your other half, shoot me an email and I'll make you a lace shawl in the weight [baby, standard, or bulk] and color you think she'll like best.  You pay shipping, though--I'm still buying diapers and pull-ups.)

I've collected something between seventeen and twenty papers that were turned in like I asked.  I suppose the rest have either turned their papers in to the other email (which hasn't been letting me answer them or download papers--so much for the campus email being so much better, more reliable, and safer than hotmail) or to the distance learning platform (which has been iffy in whether or not I can open their work).  Yes, I did tell them in an announcement how to turn it in--three weeks' announcements in a row.  No, they don't pay attention.  Yes, I sometimes wonder why I bother doing more than the absolute minimum.

I'm still working on Pendragon.  I've got about another 2,000 words written, and I've still got something like 40 pages of single spaced text (out of a total printed of 136 pages) to go in rereading and revising.  I have no idea how much more will demand to be written.  And I have no idea how much longer it's going to take.  I doubt I'll make mid-April, though.  It'll probably be somewhere around 200-220 pages, published. 

Does anyone that reads my ramblings have any experience in marketing?  If so, drop a comment or shoot me an email.  I can't figure out how to market my work with my limited time and resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.