Wednesday, March 20, 2013

OpSec is more important than your kids' desires to post pictures.

I think it's great that a dad in NJ got his son a .22 for his birthday.  Even better is that it looks like an EBR, which freaks leftists right out.

Problem is, the kid has a Facebook page (and yes, it is a problem that an eleven year old kid has a Facebook page), and posted the picture of himself with his birthday present on it.  And someone freaked out and called an anonymous child abuse hotline.  Of course, this occasioned a visit from child illfare, and the cops, demanding entry into the home (without a warrant), and to look at the gun safe and registration papers for the firearms (a voluntary thing that they had not complied with). 

Needless to say, the violation of the fourth amendment rights did not fly.  And the CPS twat declined to identify herself, and fled, hiding her face from the camera phone that the man of the house was holding.

Okay, I've got a few issues with this story.  First, let's deal with the kid having a Facebook page to begin with.  He's eleven.  Unless it's set to private, with everything in it unavailable to anyone he's not friends with, it is not safe for an eleven year old to have a Facebook page.  Even then, it isn't safe, as I haven't found any controls for parents to decide who their kid can accept as a friend.  I wouldn't let my fifteen year old have a Facebook page, much less an eleven year old. 

Second, I am thrilled to death that the kid was so pleased to get a rifle for his birthday.  I would have been, too (and am thrilled that I got some airsoft toys to play with for my birthday).  However.  It should have been, and should be even if it's a little late, impressed upon the kid that you never admit to having a gun.  Not ever.  Not even in a free state, like Missouri.  New Jersey is not a free state. 

Third, I have a huge issue with child illfare.  I hate CPS.  The way it operates--on anonymous tips--is a blatant violation of the God-given, Constitutionally-guaranteed right to face your accuser.  And the way the stupid cunt drug the police into it, and didn't bother to get a warrant really pisses me off.

But honestly, the kid needs to take that wonderful picture down.  There's no telling who used it to try to violate his family.  And there's no guarantee that this is done for that family. 

Last, but not least...move.  Leave the tyrannies to the tyrants and sheep, and move to a free state.

2 comments:

  1. When I was still sixteen I walked into a hardware store, paid cash, and walked out with my first weapon, a .22 single shot rifle. Not a soul thought there was anything possibly resembling a hint of a problem. And there wasn't.

    When I turned 18 I upgraded to a Marlin .22 lever gun. Again, I walked into the same hardware store carrying the single shot rifle and traded it in for the Marlin.

    At the time and place there were NO serial numbers on either of the rifles and NOBODY cared even to think about it.

    Yes, the inmates definitely are running the asylum now. And yes, CPS is peopled by brainless morons. I can especially vouch for that since one of them is a sister in law from a long ago marriage.

    Winston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first was old enough to buy a gun by state laws, there was a permission form, registration form, and two week waiting period between deciding to buy a handgun and when the police would let you buy it.

      That law has since changed in Missouri. So has the law about minimum age for concealed carry (it's now 21 instead of 23).

      You have to be 18 to buy an airsoft or BB gun. You have to be 18 to buy most guns in Missouri--though if the .22 ammo is for a rifle instead of a handgun, you can purchase it at 16.

      I am tired of being told that there are limits on my God-given, Constitutionally-protected rights. There are not.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.