Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pen post lot #2, pen #4

Another one of the oddities (and the last post for a while, in all likelihood, since I have to repair all the rest) is this one:a Universal Pen Company pen, made in NYC, likely in the early sixties.

 Again, yes, that's my handwriting.  Want to see the glass cartridge?

When I filled it yesterday, the syringe I used said it holds 2.5 mL.  I think the Parker cartridges (the biggest I'm familiar with) hold 1 mL. 

Neat pen, huh?  Not particularly rare, and not really valuable (third tier cheapie), but it's interesting, and has the potential to be very, very useful.  So I'm keeping this one, too.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice, and if it works, that's even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was dried ink clotted in the feed...as I've been using it for a couple of days, now, the unreliable ink supply has become reliable, and the nib is closer to medium than fine.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.