Monday, April 6, 2015

No pics tonight...

Sorry about that, but today's been rather hectic.  Our new washer arrived today, amidst a bit of a clusterfuck.  See, we don't get home until 12:30, at the earliest, and we asked the store to arrange an afternoon delivery.

That got fucked up.  And the delivery guys tried to deliver an hour before we got home.

Thank God they were willing to come back today, since it wasn't their fuckup, or that would have fucked tomorrow and Wednesday, too.

In any case, we have a new washer...and we've really put it through its paces.  It's working on its fifth load (three loads are dry, one's in the dryer).  I think it's safe to say that it works, and works quite well.

I am rather beat.  Because along with that?  I've also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, put away things drug out to try to make room to bring in the new washer, and gathered more dirty clothes from various parts of the house.  And supervised homework, and showed the kids a bunny I saw sitting in the neighbor's yard eating his grass.*

I don't think I have the energy to do much grading tonight.  I can do a few, but then I'm going to go to bed.  Tomorrow's going to be a long day, too.

But I'll try to find the camera and get pictures of the pens I got.  And maybe a bit of a writing sample of the one lever pen that's not freakin' going anywhere because I fell in love with it.  And I can do a writing sample with the Parker 45 that I'll also be putting up for sale when I do the Parker 21. 

*I wish the bunny would bring all of his/her little friends and mow the back yard.  It needs it already, and we're not going to have enough dry days for our ancient little mower to survive trying to chew through the tall, wet stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. New washer and dryer is on our list. Ours are 17 years old and with 5 kids they get a serious workout. They both are still working but every year the dryer takes longer to dry and the clothes are not as dry coming out of the washer because it doesn't spin as hard as it once did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our washer was 32. It was Odysseus's parents' before it was ours. We've kept it running for ten years longer than it otherwise would have, after they got new ones. And yes, it didn't do too good on the spins, but it did its absolute best. I'm happy enough with the replacement, but it's a lot more complex (read: more that could go wrong), and I'm still getting used to it.

      I may have only two kids, but one is a boy whose pants/shorts I have to take the outdoor hose and sprayer to before I wash when he really gets going.

      I've got something like three or four loads left, so there will probably be pen pics sometime Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. If I can stop scribbling with the one that works that I've been playing with...

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.