Monday, March 10, 2014

Did you know...

...that a Cadillac Escalade loses $30,000 of its value in the first three years (according to the local dealer's website, the new one is $76,000, and a three year old certified pre-owned is $45,000) ?  And that a Subaru of any type loses at most $3,000 in three years (again, going by comparing new and certified pre-owned)?

It makes me feel a little less like choking in terror at the debt to value ratio of the new Forester sitting under our carport.

And yes, I do love that car.  It is fucking awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. That's about right, KBB says my Baja is worth about 4K less than I paid for it almost 4 years ago. Of course it also has about 70K more miles on it, too. And I still like it as much as I did when I first saw them in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had ours for about two weeks, and haven't put many miles on it yet between Odysseus's work and school, and my work having eaten up my housework time last week.

      Although it did have its first range day on Tuesday...

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.