Monday, May 4, 2015

Rejuvinating.

I've spent the last hour writing.  I've had my creativity hijacked by something.  I don't know what it is, yet, but the scope is...huge.  And it was inspired by Starset's Transmissions album. 

A while back, one of my blog acquaintances mentioned the concept albums of the past, and wondering where the idea went in the music world.  Well, concept albums are still being created by some, but the age of the single had pushed the concept album to the back for a while.  The age of the MP3 and downloading music has brought it back.  We have Within Temptation's The Unforgiving...and now, we have Starset's Transmissions

Within Temptation makes you feel: The Unforgiving projects betrayal, rage, determination, and guts.  Starset?  Yeah, there's a lot of despair, longing, and a feeling of being lost, but Starset makes you think

Starset could spark another round of interest in space. 

I have two and a half hours more before I have to go pick up my daughter from preschool, and my solitude will be...over for the day.  I'll have Wednesday, though, and Friday for this week, then Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for two more weeks without kids for four hours, but with my best friend. 

I'd keep writing, but...my brain feels like mush, and my hands are starting to hurt.  I'll probably do some housework while I wait for things to gel again, and then I'll get some notes down in my new draftbook for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.