Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ouch.

Apparently, I have a nerve invading one of the teeth I had filled this morning that isn't usually in a tooth.  I looked it up--usually, it runs through the jaw below the roots of the teeth.  Not many have it actually invading the lower teeth. 

The dentist doesn't numb that one before he starts work.  He numbed it tout suite as soon as I flinched--he's awesome. 

But yeah, a few extra complications in filling two of my teeth drove the price for getting six fillings (all on the left) up a bit, and made it longer before the numb wore off enough to be able to eat more than yogurt to get the naproxin to not eat my stomach.   

I'm certainly feeling it, now.  Or, I was.  I had a solid shot and a half of fairly decent, high-proof bourbon (bit of a comfort drink). 

I only have two more fillings to go on the bottom right.  That will be done in a bit under two weeks. 

But I am not up to deep thinking tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. Get better. I do hate me some dental work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Well, if that isn't a bummer. I can only imagine how painful that was, what with the 'wiring' of the nerve in your tooth and all. Stuff like that takes the most skillful dentists to resolve, and it looks like you have found one. I hope your succeeding filling sessions weren’t as painful as this one.

    Benny Murray @ Dental Care of South Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.