Saturday, October 12, 2013

Random ramblings

We got the imp a Thomas Take 'n' Play set for his birthday.  He's been playing with his trains almost non-stop all week.  We took the kids to visit my mother on Thursday, because Odysseus had the day off (and what she'd ordered for the imp had come in).  Mom had ordered him Barf and Belch, the green, two-headed dragon from How to Train Your Dragon.  He's been playing with that non-stop since he got it Thursday afternoon, and begging to watch Riders of Berk

He has been a pretty happy boy all week.

Last night, after her bath, the pixie was running around in nothing but her panties (couldn't catch the little twerp to get her dressed--she's fast).  She suddenly stops, squeals "Momma, I gotta poop!" then runs into the bathroom and gets herself on the potty.  I set down my laptop and follow her, and by the time I get in there (less than fifteen seconds later)...she's already done. 

Two months after we start the potty training in earnest with her, she's got it, for the most part.  Yes, there are still accidents, and yes, she still sleeps in a pull up.  Other than that, though...she's good. 

She's also starting to transition from needing me to rock her at naptime and bedtime to "Tuck me in and sing, p'ease."

The cats are...cats.  They delight in finding strange places to sleep, like curled up in the pixie's high chair, or with their legs and tails tucked under them like furry sausages, right in the middle of the floor.  Last night, the imp requested fruit snacks, and I told him to go get a couple of bags.  He scoots to the edge of the couch to jump off, and Shadow hops up, and starts snuggling into him.  Pushes him back to the back of the couch, and climbs in his lap.  He goes, "Aww...Momma, I got a Shadow.  Get me some fruit snacks, please?" 

I'll give you two guesses.

The dog...would be an outdoor only dog, at this point, were it not for living in town.  I am getting absolutely sick of the dog crap in her sleeping crate.

I don't have any grading to worry about this weekend.  I handed papers back to my Comp I class yesterday, and my Comp II class turns their next one in on Wednesday.  (Actually, I have one paper to grade--one of my students has a serious illness, and has fallen behind.  I told her to turn her work in as she completes it, since she's been hospitalized twice, and looks like death warmed over most of the time.)

I finally figured out that next to last story...and the last one.  I'm going to write them today, and edit the book over the next few days.  I should be able to finish it (including extras) by the middle of next week, since I have Monday off for Fall Break (no classes Monday or Tuesday). 

2 comments:

  1. Good for her! It's always nice when that particular switch starts getting flipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes me happy. Fewer nasty messes to clean up.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.