Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm insulted.

Truly, I am. 

For shits and giggles, I went to one of the calculators (don't remember which one, now) for the "Affordable" Care Act to find out how much more my family would be paying for more health insurance than we need, and if we qualified for a subsidies. 

We do not qualify for a subsidy.  Nor do we qualify for one of their plans.

No, we're only qualified for Medicaid.

Fuck that shit.  Been there, done that, got the worst quality of medical care you can imagine.  I'll keep paying my doctor myself, thanks. 

Because when they're paid more than just a fraction of their cost, their level of giving a shit about you goes up, because you're not just sucking down their resources.

What's really ironic is that I was told, at nineteen, that I didn't qualify for Medicaid, unless I got pregnant or went on disability.  I am not currently pregnant, and my husband and I both work, that qualifies us. 

1 comment:

  1. Related post from yesterday......

    http://oldcatman-xxx.com/?p=32241

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.