Sunday, August 11, 2013

So...

My oldest sister called this morning, crying.  Turns out my male genetic donor had had a brain anneurism burst yesterday, and they were taking him off life support this morning.

Mind you, that son of a bitch physically, mentally, emotionally, and sexually abused us.  My oldest sister understands that my younger sister and I see it for what it is, but she doesn't.  She acknowledges what happened, and that we're angry about it and haven't forgiven him, but she doesn't see a problem with it. 

Kinda hard to forgive someone who threatened you with your mother's death, if you told what he was doing.  Someone who never acknowledged what they did, nor that what they did was wrong.

Honestly, I quit caring what happens to him a long time ago.  I may not have forgiven him, but I'm not angry and filled with hate for him, anymore.  I haven't been for years.  But I never quit fearing him.

So.  Hearing that he was a bit of medical equipment away from death (and, arguably, was already dead) was a little bit of a shock, this morning.

My oldest sister was falling apart.  My younger sister isn't sure how she feels, yet. 

And me?  All I feel is relief.  And finally safe. 

5 comments:

  1. Not sure how to respond, so I'll just say: "Roger that".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes around, comes around. May he be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows he's dead. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you now find a peace never offered before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the hopes and prayers for your peace. My parents weren't as horrific as your father sounds, but there did come a time when I neither loved nor loathed them. I merely felt nothing. And that's the fate they deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. My sibs are taking this a lot harder than I am, but I hurt for them.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.