Sunday, August 25, 2013

Potty training woes.

My pixie is smart.  Very smart.  Smart enough to realize that a pull-up is just a fancy diaper.  We have had the damnedest time getting her to actually tell us she needs to go.  Odysseus and I have argued back and forth about whether or not she realizes it--with me saying she does, but doesn't see the point.

So, we got her about two dozen pair of panties, with me planning on doing more laundry for a while.

Guess what?  She's had a few accidents, but has done a lot better.

Last night, she admitted she didn't really need the diapers.  She told me, while she was wearing panties, "I wanna diadur."  Because she didn't want to have to interrupt playing to go to use the potty.

That, right there, tells me that she is definitely ready to transition to underwear only during waking times when she's at home (though she gets a pull-up over the panties when we go out in public, to the park or the store). 

And maybe...maybe she'll be daytime trained by her third birthday. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember how that worked with my kids. It's been more than twenty years since I had one in diapers. Also, my wife handled all that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also bribe them when they use the bathroom--a teeny-tiny Reeses peanut butter cup.

      Delete
  2. I've become convinced that, even though they are really convenient, the pull-ups are a detriment to potty training. All of my kids have used them, all of them had a delay in potty training, and all of them figured it out pretty quickly after we forced them into wearing underwear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big problem has tended to be #2--she's used to standing or squatting, and can't seem to figure out how to do it sitting on the potty. So...she won't, unless she's wearing a diaper or pull-up. Until she gets bound up, and then can't hold it any more.

      We're trying to figure that one out, right now.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.