Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Second day of classes

I got some compliments on the textbooks (and a half a dozen students between the two classes that didn't read the assigned chapters--which I will not go over with them), and a lot of deer-caught-in-the-headlights looks when I told them that if they didn't feel like participating (i.e., throwing out topic ideas) that I had no problems just sitting and staring at them for half of the class period. 

It worked to get the Comp II classes thinking and talking to each other...but not the Comp I classes. 

Topics for their first papers will be due on Friday, when we start building their thesis statements.

2 comments:

  1. "that I had no problems just sitting and staring at them for half of the class period."

    you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.