Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cold damn day

It's currently seven degrees.  It's not supposed to get warmer than sixteen, today.  And I'm going to be on campus from a bit after nine until a bit after five, holding office hours during the afternoon. 

I hate office hours when it's cold.  Because pretty much every building on campus is frigid.  And I don't have the room to pack even a small blanket.

Screw dressing up for class today--I'm wearing flannel lined jeans, and a fleece shirt over a tee-shirt.  And combat boots. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent idea! I had to deal with 17 degrees and blowing snow night before last. Wish I'd had some flannel lined jeans myself! After my dealings with it, room has been made in the budget to get some lined jeans next week! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of service. Cold sucks, especially when you don't have lined jeans.

      Delete
  2. A few years ago, while working in the office, instead of in the field, I took on a chill. Since I was the only one in the office that was chilled, I donned a coat, which didn't do anything for my hands and fingers.

    I tried, but after an hour, I came up with a lame excuse to go home early. On the way home, I cranked up the heater to lightly toasted and basked in the warmth, until I reached home and a hot bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No coffee pot in the office? A cup of something hot to wrap your hands around (coffee, tea, or just a cup of hot water) makes a big difference in hand comfort.

      Delete
  3. I am weird. And a pervert. And please don't tell Odysseus that I said this, although I swear I am not hitting on you. The mental image conjured by the description of your outfit was, um, very pleasant. I think the boots were what did it.

    I hope you managed to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.