Saturday, September 14, 2013

random ramblings

So, the pixie spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa.  When I called last night at six or so, more to check up on how Grandma and Grandpa were holding up, she was sitting with Grandpa, watching bluegrass.  Which Grandma hates.  However, Grandma thought it was so cute she couldn't bear to say anything.

The imp enjoyed having Mommy all to himself, but didn't enjoy not having his baby sister home with him, nor did he enjoy the knowledge that she was at Grandma and Grandpa's, and he wasn't.

We went to see Spamalot at a nearby little theater.  It was awesome.  My ribs still hurt from laughing so much.

The cats swarmed the pixie as soon as she got in the door, begging pets (and Shadow begging for little-girl hugs).  I think they missed her.

As for the rest of things...I'll be picking up papers on Monday from my Comp II class, and Friday from my Comp I.  So, after Comp II, I'll be spending most of the following seven days grading papers.

I've finished another story chapter for Highway to Tartarus.  That brings current word count up to about 53,000 words, with about five more story chapters to go--between 10 and 15,000 more words.  I've got a few more vignette ideas for this one, and some revising to do (which will likely lengthen things).  I think the finished version will run just under 80,000 words, or about 250 pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.