Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Another anniversary of an already forgotten day.

I first wrote on the anniversary of September 11 here.  I wrote again, and again.  I still remember that day with a fine, cold rage that would leave me sleeping fine if I were called to put a bullet in the back of Hassan's head. 

I think, if our "leaders" remember the day and the incident at all, they use it as an excuse to take more and more of our freedoms.  And they count on us to not know our history, nor anything about our Founding Fathers.  Benjamin Franklin warned us about this, more than two hundred years before the republic began disintegrating: "If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.