Thursday, January 24, 2013

Twit.

I just had a student email me, complaining about getting 25/50 on an assignment that they brushed off and half-assed: the diagnostic essay.  Said they thought that was there to give them an idea of how I graded, rather than there to give me an idea of where their strengths and weaknesses were.  Whining about how they didn't want to start the semester with a 67%.

Well, kiddo, let this be a lesson to you: don't half-ass assignments.  Any assignments.  And definitely don't complain to the teacher that they called you on it, lest you tempt someone to drop your grade by ten points, or so.

Because I'm tempted.  They're so lucky I'm a better, fairer, less vindictive teacher than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.