Sunday, January 13, 2013

random ramblings

Spent Friday night taking care of the imp while he slept for twenty minutes, then woke up to throw up, get cleaned up, and laid back down on the couch, then repeat.  He didn't go to sleep at all until nearly eleven, because he was feeling too bad, and throwing up too often.  He finally threw up one last time at about two, then fell asleep for about three hours.  I was starting to feel really bad again at this point, so I went and woke Odysseus and had him sit with the imp at two a.m., so I could throw up again.  And again at three.  And again at four. 

The pixie slept through the night, no problem.  Seems hers all went down, instead of going all up (like the imp's), or going both ways like it did for Odysseus and me.

Yesterday morning, the pixie was the only one that felt good, so we called her grandparents to come get her and keep her overnight.  Her first overnight visit with grandma and grandpa!  She was so excited...and the imp just cried.  He didn't want sissy to go, he wanted to go, he wanted grandma and grandpa to come in and see him. 

Poor kid. 

None of us ate much yesterday.  I think I might have eaten a half a sleeve of saltines, over the course of the day.  Odysseus managed a ham and cheese sandwich.  The imp ate a quarter of a bowl of Cream o' Wheat, a tub of apple sauce (started a second tub, but threw it back up), and that was about it for him.

No risk of dehydration, though--he drank a lot of water, and a little cup of juice.

We're feeling a lot better, this morning.  Imp asked for three sausage links, and ate them all.  I'm not feeling more than strained and bruised in the muscles from my ribs to my hips.  Odysseus hasn't made his appearance, yet, so I can't vouch for him.

Getting sick like this, and all of us at once, has played merry hell with my writing schedule, and with getting prepared for class starting on Monday.  Tomorrow. 

Hopefully, I'll be back on my feet soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you're all slowly getting better. Nothing worse than a stomach virus. Goes through families like wildfire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Imp's had a few setbacks, but it doesn't seem to be serious.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.