Sunday, September 9, 2012

Well, I know now what not to do...

If I ever inherit a safe deposit box that I find contains gold double-eagles, no way am I going to send them to the mint to be authenticated.  No way am I going to permit the government to confiscate property that belongs to me, especially not with the justification that it's actually "government property."  Not while the government has forgotten that it is the property of the American people. 

Granted, if the mint had simply authenticated the coins, they'd've been worth $80 million or more; in sheer metal value, they would have only been worth a bit less than $18.5 thousand, at current prices.

Still.  I'd rather have the smaller value, than have my property stolen from me by a government that has lost its legitimacy.*

*A legitimate government has the trust and confidence of its citizens.  Go ahead and ask everyone around you if they trust their federal government, or hell, even their city government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.