Saturday, September 22, 2012

Random ramblings

We had visitors, day before yesterday.  The imp's godfather, his wife, and their seven month old son.  The baby played on the floor, and the kids figured out that the baby couldn't crawl forward, yet.  So, they set about showing him, and he finally managed a forward gear.

The pixie hasn't stopped talking about it since.  "Baby play wif beadball!" 

The imp then adds, "Aw, so cute!"

I wound up holding the puppy the whole time.  She'd have loved the little crawler just as much as the kids--mostly because he couldn't climb up on the furniture to get away from being licked to death and gnawed on.

Speaking of which, the pixie screeches "puppy!" in the same tones that some people reserve for the word "snake"--when the pup is awake.  If she catches the pup asleep, she'll lay down on the floor next to her, and pet her and love on her. 

I'm still working my way through outlining The Last Pendragon.  Still considering cutting some of the stories out of The Godshead.  Can't do a whole lot of work on either, between my two classes, and the classes I help a colleague with.  Too many students, and more than half of them are of the "I can't dooo it!  It's too haaard!" helpless variety--really saps my time and energy. 

Honestly, if The Godshead makes me even close to what I make from my part-time professor paycheck, I'm quitting.  I love teaching, but I can't stand trying to teach those who give up at the first hint of something they've never encountered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.