Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And exactly how is this a good thing?

I understand that helping others is good.  However, getting more and more people signed up for food stamps is neither helping others, nor is it charity.  It is enabling laziness, rewarding bad decisions, and putting a gun to someone's head to lift money out of their wallets to hand to someone who doesn't want to work. 

And it's something that the nation cannot afford.  Not with near-20% real unemployment numbers.  Not with median incomes having fallen, which, in turn, lowers the amount of taxes brought in.  Not with entitlements taking up about 62% of the budget.

I don't know how to fix this.  I don't even know if it can be fixed.  I fear, not for myself, but for my children's futures, and my grandchildren's, and my great-grandchildren's. 

Thank you, Mr. President.  You have, indeed, had a hand in building that, though you haven't done it alone.  And unless we can figure out how to reverse a hundred-year trend in our elected public servants' actions, you will have laid the last finishing touches upon a mausoleum for the American Dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.