Thursday, September 6, 2012

Huh.

Apparently, a squirt bottle is an effective training tool for toddlers as well as kittens.  It's working to train the kittens to stay down off of the tables and counters, and away from the people food; out of desperation, I tried it out on the imp while he was smacking the air around his sister's head, making her cry.

Oh.  My.  God.  You'd have thought I'd taken a strap to his butt (which I never have, never will, and would kill someone for trying).  Now, all it takes is a shake, and he's got his hands tucked under his butt, squealing, "No!  No!  Don't squirt me!  Mama, don't squirt me!"

I think that's going to be reserved for when the nose-in-the-corner doesn't work (which is rare).

4 comments:

  1. And the headlines in California read: Abusive Mother Waterboards Infant Son

    Thank God for parents who discipline their children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like the MSM to get the facts wrong: first, the imp is a preschooler, and second, the water never went anywhere near his nose or mouth. ;P

      I've seen the result of no discipline, and I've come to the conclusion that those parents just don't love their children enough. Thank God some parents do--otherwise...the consequences aren't something I like thinking about.

      Delete
  2. Raising a child with no discipline is ultimately as abusive as using too harsh of discipline on them.

    (The "stand in the corner" thing worked really well on me as a kid, for some reason. I think it was the combination of shame and boredom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I say parents that don't discipline their children don't love them enough.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.