Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My students...they need professional help.

I checked my campus email last night.  I've had nine students drop, so far.  I hope to God more do.  And I hope the one that emailed me last night does.  Why?

She listed a Google+ account as her blog.  Google+ is trying to set those up to be a social networking page, kind of like Facebook--which I explicitly said don't count as blogs.  And I told her that.  So, she just emailed me last night, whining, "I don't understandddd...why doesn't it count????"

I explained it.  Again.  Then went to her Google+ page, and found out that I couldn't see it even if I were willing to let it count (which I'm not), and took a screen shot of it.  Then I put a link to the class example blog, and told her that was what a blog page was supposed to look like.

Then, she emailed me back, asking "Where's Blogger?"

Umm...what?  Does she really expect me to send her a link to something that she should be able to find on her own?  I mean, Blogger is linked in the textbook, and in the first announcement.  It's also linked in several of her classmates' blogs.  Not to mention this: she can type to email me with her helplessness, so she can type her fucking inane stupidity into a fucking search engine.

Somebody better catch a rich old man so that she doesn't have to make her way in the real world.  Otherwise, I'm sure that I and every other taxpayer in the country are going to be supporting her worthless ass while she whines about not being sure why her nose hurts and her phone is broken when she walks into a crosswalk post while checking her Facebook (or whatever has replaced such) on her brand new iPhone. 

4 comments:

  1. Ralph Wiggum
    {Simpsons)-
    at the Science Fair:

    "what's a diorama?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think poor little Ralph is quite a bit smarter, and a lot less helpless than some of my students this semester.

      Delete
  2. You have my sympathy. People that helpless make me nuckin' futz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got about four in each class. And I've got seventeen, total, in one class, and twenty-two in the other.

      Pray for my patience and sanity. Please.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.