Saturday, June 15, 2013

Random ramblings

We got the imp returned to us after a visit with Grandma and Grandpa yesterday.  He's been pretty good since--just loud.

Which is a problem for me, last night and today.  It's time for another migraine, and it arrived right on time.  You know, I should have learned to expect them by now, but...




I had the tape measure out yesterday, checking on exactly how big the table currently in the kitchen is.  While I was at it, the pixie wandered into the kitchen, and I got the brainstorm to measure her height.  Not an accurate measure, by any means, but she's 34" tall.  The imp is 44.5" tall.  Height predictors put the pixie solidly in average height--an achievement, since I'm so damn short.  The imp looks to be taller than his daddy by age eighteen.

We used some flea stuff on the dog on Tuesday.  By Thursday, she had gone from a near-solid, crawling mass of fleas to one dying one visible on her belly.  I am impressed. 

We've also treated one of the cats.  We'll catch the other one and treat her today.  And, once I find the dog shampoo, I'll bathe the dog so she can get shorn.

Writing has been...iffy.  I'm going to have to do better than this.  I've been trying to get stuff back together in the kitchen, as best I can with trying to referee the kids, and between their naps and bedtimes (the pixie is an annoyingly light sleeper), but that's not an excuse.

I will stop spamming y'all pushing my books, now.  Even with the mention last week, I only sold one more copy of The Last Pendragon.  It was a good run, though--I have never sold so many books in a year of being a published writer as I did last month.  Thanks again to everyone who bought a copy.

4 comments:

  1. Due to my sporadic and random blog-reading, this is the first I knew. :o

    I have purchased a copy! Looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of life. The stories will still be there, and so will we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but semester starts the third week of August. :-/

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.