Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ramdom ramblings

I've not been sleeping well, lately.  I can't get my brain to shut off.  I can go to bed sleepy and ready to pass out, but as soon as I get comfortable...my brain wakes right up.  And what sleep I get it almost too deep, and plagued with nightmares.  And sometime this morning early, I twisted my back.  Bad.  I'm trying very hard not to take it out on the kids, but I'm getting so sick of kids' programming while I try to keep them quiet until Odysseus wakes up in the mornings after he works...

I've been getting the imp up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, trying to get him started on night time training.  It's not working well, yet.  I may have to get him up between nine thirty and ten to keep the pull-up dry a little longer.  He's awful cute when he's that sleepy, though.  Everything's funny, and he's got this odd tendency to crawl into my lap where I sit on the floor, and curl up after he gets his pants back up.  Then he snuggles for a couple of minutes and tells me how much he loves me. 

Usually, during the day, he's too busy running around like a crazy thing to do that.  He's too hyper* to be very affectionate.

The pixie has three of her last four teeth at least partially emerged.  Two of them still have a flap of gums across the top, but one's all the way out.  The last one is still giving her some trouble.  I'm looking forward to the end of it--and hopefully the end of her ear problems.  Four nights out of five, she needs Benedryl because her gums are swollen enough that they don't let her ears drain, and she can't go to sleep because it hurts. 

Cricket, the big black and white cat, has demonstrated an annoying preference for the dog's food over the cat food.  I know a dog will eat cat food any time it has the chance, but I've never been around a cat that would prefer to eat the dog's food.

Nor have I ever had a cat that's so stranger shy.  She goes poof whenever someone she doesn't know is here, doesn't come out until at least an hour after they leave, and is easily startled for a couple days afterwards. 

Shadow gets out of the way, but it just doesn't bother her nearly as much as it does Cricket.

The pup has been happy for a few days, now--she's spent all of her time outside, which she much prefers.  I'd agree with the neighbor that we need to get our yard fixed so that she can't get out, but...she digs.  A lot.  She doesn't dig to try to get under the fence, she just digs.  And then sleeps in the holes.  It's bad enough in her pen.  I don't want her doing that in the whole yard.

With the lack of sleep, and the stress over the whole kitchen remodel, I've gotten maybe another 2,000 words written, total.  I finished one story, and another is in process.  So, writing is not going well in general. 

Sales...yeah, sales are also falling off.  I've sold one copy of The Godshead and five of The Last Pendragon this past week.  And every time I mention one of my books that've already been published, I feel like I'm spamming y'all, but I still get a sale or two off of every mention. 

*Hyper as in typical little boy, not hyper as in medical condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.