Saturday, May 25, 2013

Random Ramblings

I should probably go back to bed.  I wound up waking up about four this morning with a very sick stomach, complete with hot flashes and cold sweats--one of my versions of a gallbladder attack.  I was up for about thirty minutes with it, then awake for another forty minutes or so in bed with it being miserable.  Odysseus tried to let me sleep in, but my pixie had other ideas.  It's kinda impossible to sleep when you've got a pixie knocking gently and politely at your door, going "Mama, wake up.  I wanna hug."

I've been getting the imp up in the middle of the night (usually around eleven thirty or midnight--when I go to bed) to try to start the process of night training.  He is so adorable and snuggly when he's that sleepy.  The least little thing sets him off in giggles.  I try to remember that when he's acting like he was yesterday--bad enough that he got sent to his room for pretty much the whole afternoon, after promising not to do whatever had sent him to his room earlier (pick on the pixie to make her mad, pushing her, hitting her, playing with things I'd told him not to, bringing toys out of his room that I'd told him not to, fighting over cat toys and who got to play with the cats--you name it).  Eventually, I told him that since he couldn't behave, he was going to stay in there until supper (about an hour). 

I also didn't want the pixie going in his room--I was afraid he'd really hurt her.  Spanked her three different times for going anyway. 

Yesterday was a bear.  Here's hoping today's better.

I almost forgot the puppy out in her pen, last night.  I'd finally gotten the kids down, and got this niggling feeling that I'd forgotten something.  So, I thought about it: had the kids had supper?  had baths?  had their meds (pixie's almost done teething--she's got two to go, now--and gets ibuprofen before bed, and the imp gets Zyrtec)?  Cats are both indoors, and neither one in one of the kids' rooms?  Check, check, double check, double check.

And then, I heard the puppy go happy-ape-shit.  High pitched "look at me!" yips, just as fast as she could go.  Which reminded me that she wasn't asleep in her crate.  D'oh!

(The neighbor's three-year-old granddaughter was visiting.)

I really need to get on revising and rewriting my textbook, but...I still don't want to think about August.

I've got about half of Highway to Tartarus (still not sure about that name) written, with more materializing quickly.  Now that my gut realizes that semester's over, I'm sometimes getting two chapters per day written.

I've sold ten more copies of The Last Pendragon on Kindle last week...and two more of The Godshead, after I'd posted the sample chapter.  Okay...lesson learned.  I'm damn sure going to post a sample chapter of this book sometime within a week of publication; same with Resurgent (Pendragon's sequel).

If anyone has bought a print copy of any of my books (Survivors, Godshead, or Pendragon--looks like Amazon has discounted that one by $.80), and you'd like a signed book plate, shoot me an email at heroditus.huxley at Gmail.com with your name, address, and title of book you want signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.