Friday, May 31, 2013

Just one child to wrangle tonight.

I just finished getting my pixie settled down to sleep, more than an hour after she wanted to go to bed.  Why?  Because we had another tornado warning.  Actually, we had two or three overlapping ones.  And we just left our interior shelter less than twenty minutes ago, the dog let me know she desperately had to pee (it was a quick trip out), and then I got the pixie to brush her teeth to go to bed.

The imp is with Grandma and Grandpa tonight, and the radar indicates that the area where they are faced no worse than a little rain and maybe some mild thunder. 

I'm beat.  It's difficult to keep a two year old girl and a not-quite-one-year-old puppy corralled on opposite sides of your body, especially not when both are scared anyway.  I think it was actually easier when I had the imp in the bathroom, too, during the last thunderstorm warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.