Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gonna be a good day, if I have anything to say about it.

My son decided at seven thirty to slam his sister's door open and flip her light on in her face.  She, of course, woke up squawling, and asked to nurse and rock so that she could go back to sleep.

It's now eight, she's still soundly sleeping, and I'm making the boy sit quietly on the couch, no toys, no television, no talking.  I am honestly trying to make him as miserable as he made her.  And me. 

But it's going to be a good day.  We're going to take the kids up to my mom's for the day, and go poke holes in paper for a while.  We have a fair plenty of 7.62 x 39, and it's showing back up on the shelves somewhat.  We also have a fair plenty of practice ammo in Makarov, and we found some 9 Luger practice ammo.  So, we're going to take a couple of rifles and a couple of pistols to the range for a play date.

And, after we get home, we're going to spend some time relaxing, cleaning guns, and just being together without having to referee fights between the kids. 

So, yeah: miserable start, but it's gonna be a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time. Brothers can be a pain in the butt. I know my brother was! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a great time--it's been months since I managed any range time.

      I don't remember my brother being that awful to me, but then again, he's twelve years older than I. Odysseus's brother and he have the same age gap. My mom, who was about twenty months younger than her brother (rather than twenty-six, like my pixie is with my imp), says the same thing you do, so I guess I just have to tolerate it, and deal out discipline as needed.

      Delete
  2. A bad day at the range is better than the best day at work, I always say.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.