Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cavity warning: major cuteness* ahead

I found out exactly what happens when you have a two year old girl who loves baby dolls, but has never had (and may have never seen--I'm not sure) a bottle. 

She will "feed" her older baby dolls and little girl dolls with a spoon and a cup of baby food (empty, of course), but she doesn't feed her infant dolls.  They're too little, and she doesn't have a bottle, or really know what a bottle is.

So, when I looked up earlier this afternoon, I found that my daughter was breastfeeding one of her many baby dolls, earlier.  Snuggling it up to her chest, helping baby "latch on," telling the baby to nurse, petting the baby's molded, plastic hair, rocking the baby, and singing to it.  Oh, and leaning down to kiss the baby every now and then. 

And doing this pretty much absently, while watching television.

Don't know where she got that last  I was always grading papers, answering questions, or reading books on my laptop. 

*At least, her father and I thought it was really cute.

2 comments:

  1. That's good mommy training, right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that she's going to make being a wife and mother a very high priority in her life.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.