Friday, April 19, 2013

What an absolute sweetheart...

I can sort of see how Isabella Dutton came to the decision to have children she didn't want--her husband desperately wanted kids.  I can also see why she had a second child while she didn't really enjoy having even one.  I completely agree with her on her opinions of women who gush that they want, want, want children, then park them with a nanny or daycare for their childhood while going back to work. 

That's where my understanding ends. 

Honestly, I don't like children.  I cannot stand other people's kids, for the most part--I've met a few who were different, but most can just stay away from me. 

My own?  Yeah.  That's different.  I love them very much.  I enjoyed carrying them, and I enjoy caring for them (except when they're fighting).  Mine are different. 

So, I cannot understand how that raving, selfish, sanctimonious cunt can not just admit that she considers her children parasites, but resents them and wished she'd never had them in the first place, but writes an article in a major media outlet about it.

Yes, I sympathize with not being able to read a book because I'm always on call.  Yes, I sympathize that some hobbies are difficult to keep with a child.  Yes, I understand how the constant demands on your time and energy take a toll. 

That said...seriously, how the fuck can she justify saying this in a public forum, where it's almost certain that her kids, now adult, will probably read it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.