Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy day...started early

Today was the day when the puppy was scheduled to be spayed.  So, I got up at about five after seven to walk, then wash, the dog--and ran right into a little-boy hug.  (Not that I minded...)  I got him sat down in front of the TV to finish waking up, and went to get dressed enough to walk the pup.  Timed it just right to be coming out just as the light flipped on in the little girl's room, and she started crying that she wanted her diaper changed, like ten minutes ago.  (Poor little thing has diaper rash something fierce.) 

I finally got the pup walked by about twenty after seven, and bathed ten minutes later, then dried off as best she could with as furry as she is (Scotty needs a haircut--she's not had one yet).  Then she got crammed into her crate and sent off with Odysseus.

Then, the kids both started clamoring for breakfast.  Sausage links--three for the boy, and one for the girl, along with the biscuit she'd asked for. 

And then, I discovered that I still can't bend too well--my back hurts like a bitch when I try--so I wound up doing as much as I can on finishing clearing out the kitchen for the cabinets to be delivered tomorrow.

And then, the pixie dumped over a container of knitting needles.  And I had to haul my chair away from where it sits to get into the corner to pick them up, because she will not leave them alone, despite knowing that touching Mama's knitting gets a slapped hand at best, and a spanked rear end at worst. 

Then, when I got back behind my chair to do that, I found out that either the kids or the cats had been playing in my yarn stash.  It's anybody's guess about which pair were actually at fault (or more at fault, to be precise).  And so, I had that mess to straighten up, too.

And all of that before lunch. 

I've got an end of the table cleared off to put the microwave for while the rest of our kitchen is out of commission.   And I think that may be all I'm able to do today, because I'm freakin' beat. 

Thank God the delivery is set between 5:00-9:00 p.m.  That should let us finish up figuring out and emptying out where we're going to put everything.  TEN new cabinets.  Plus counter top. 

And we still don't know when the installer's going to have the time to tear out our old cabinets and put in our new ones.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to your back? I don't remember that post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kidney infection. Too much soda during a migraine when I rarely drink it at other times.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.