Monday, April 29, 2013

DTFO!!!

I have a student who earned a B for the course (with me being generously easy to not inflict that level of helpless stupid upon any of my colleagues), is whining about it, and asking if there's any extra credit they can do.

NO!  I DO NOT DO EXTRA CREDIT!

They also asked if I'm going to grade assignments that I SPECIFICALLY STATED in the weekly announcements that I was NOT going to grade.

Get.  It.  Through.  Your.  Head.  You are NOT special, and I will NOT treat you as if you are.  Drop the fuck out.  Go push a broom somewhere after closing time, because you are not fit for human interaction.

4 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to wonder if I might not be happier pushing a broom somewhere, instead of having to do tons of hand-holding/reassuring/putting up with people who failed to plan ahead.

    I'm NOT a nice person inside and the facade I've built up is really beginning to show the strain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not either. Writing fiction is one of my outlets for pent up frustration with humanity in general; this blog is another.

      Delete
  2. Same here, and I'm not even an educator. I'm just sick of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I'm going to curl up and hide and write this summer.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.