Monday, April 1, 2013

Family

As I've mentioned a couple of times before, joining Facebook has had a few advantages.  For instance, I've made contact with some family members I hadn't spoken with in a very long time.

Like my older half sister. 

I don't know if my male genetic donor abused her like he did us, but I suspect so.  I suspect that she went the opposite way I did: instead of admitting it and making sure nobody could successfully shut me up, she's denied it, possibly even to herself. 

No matter--she's still my sister.  She's made more of herself than my younger sister.  She's been through more, too: ten years on meth, and now, three years clean.  I couldn't be prouder of her.

I'm actually really glad that I've gotten back in contact with her, now--her fiance managed to quit drinking, but that changed him into a completely different person, one who's broken the engagement.  And now, that means my sister's life is going through another complete upheaval, since she's trying to come back home (lives in a different bedroom community than the one I do, but in the same metropolitan area).

I'm really glad, because that means I can be here for her, when she needs a break from her mom. 

And it doesn't hurt that the pixie took an instant liking to her when she visited earlier this afternoon (she cried for ten minutes when her new auntie had to leave to go back to where she's currently living and working). 

3 comments:

  1. If you want, feel free to connect with me on the Facebook. You have my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I don't have my email connected to my Facebook, mostly because I don't want my students bugging me. I don't want to see pictures of underage drinking, or anything else like that, because I'd feel obligated to do something about it--and it really should be none of my business.

      Delete
    2. I think FACEBOOK can be a pain in the ass.....

      However, if you use your FACEBOOK ID to make a comment on a media news article, the comment will appear on FACEBOOK with a link to you and your blog.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.