Saturday, April 6, 2013

Two things down...

I got the dishes done this morning--not an easy thing when you have no idea where to put the clean ones.  I finished a tiny bit of my grading.  And I got the imp's toys all picked up--even though ten minutes later, every fucking toy I'd picked up was back scattered across the room.

I still need to finish grading papers (hard, when I can barely bring myself to start), my students' busy work/group project reports for the week, and get the living room cleaned up.  Again. 

Odysseus got the yard mowed.  We still need to get a lot of stuff done in the back yard, but it's probably going to have to wait until later in the summer.  The concrete that the fence post in one corner of the yard is only about two inches thick--and the post isn't buried any deeper than that.  I can literally pick up the whole thing.  All it's doing is serving as a reminder.

But, right now, the kitchen is enough to deal with.  I'll be finishing unloading the last of the crap out of the cabinets tomorrow, and probably starting the tear out on Monday.

And if it's too much of a pain, I will be calling around to see about reliable, quality handy-men to come do it for me.  I do, at least, have a good line on a plumber for the dishwasher. 

I am so looking forward to that being over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.