Saturday, April 27, 2013

Random ramblings

The pixie is starting to potty train in earnest.  Although, I'm thinking I'm going to need to switch her to underwear instead of trying to use pull-ups--I think she thinks the pull-ups are just a pretty diaper. 

She did something funny, last night.  I'd had a couple of tortillas with cheese between them that I stuck in the microwave (can't really call that a quesadilla--it's nowhere near as good as one that's been fried), and cut it into fourths.  I was about two or three bites away from being done with the last piece when the pixie said she was done with her dinner.  So, I set my plate down and went and got her out of her high chair.  Then, pretty much immediately, I had to walk the puppy. 

When I got back, I couldn't find the last of my dinner.  It had totally vanished, plate and all.  I honestly thought I'd finished it and thrown the plate away without remembering.  I didn't find it until I was hunting for the pixie's baby doll when she'd gone to bed.  She'd grabbed my plate and hidden so that she could eat my supper: there were pixie bites around the edges of the tortillas, and she'd pulled the tortillas apart and eaten the cheese.

The imp got to spend Monday and Tuesday nights with Grandma and Grandpa, while the cabinets were being installed Tuesday.  Odysseus went and got him Wednesday, dumped him in the door, changed into a work shirt, and headed off to work.  And ten minutes after that, the imp started getting in trouble.  And hasn't really stopped since.  Then again, he's so restless, and wants to go outside so bad it's not even funny.  And it's been raining since Wednesday.  Tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday look to be a lot nicer for outside play.

The pup is going to get her stitches removed on Monday.  She's doing much, much better.  Then again, I've been making sure she doesn't run, jump, or play too hard for the past week--which has led to a miserably bored puppy, trying to dig holes in the plastic floor of her kennel.

I finally finished grading the presentations the other day.  Most of them were about as good as many PP presentations that have been used by the so-called professional development seminars.  Now, they've got their major research paper to turn in and we're done. 

Finally.

Thank God.

I'm working through one last edit of Pendragon.  I'm thinking it'll be ready for publication Friday, May 3.  I'm spending all of the limited time and energy I have for writing prepping that.  I should have a bunch more time and energy to write starting the following week, after I've turned in grades.  Then, I'll have until August 19, when classes start back up again.  And I'll have Tuesdays and Thursdays off, during the week after that.  Because I'm gonna refuse to bring grading home with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.